Virtual private networks (VPNs) are considered an essential security measure in any mobile device. It secures your online activities and personal data from being traced by internet hackers and identity thieves. So how do you keep your iPhone on VPN all the time?
The Always-on VPN mode was introduced by Apple at the start of iOS8. But unlike the other buttons in the iPhone, this mode is not as easy as flipping the switch on. This feature is activated through a series of steps that require a particular type of VPN, a supervised mode, and the Apple Configurator.
The steps on how to keep your iPhone always on VPN
- Make sure that you have an IKEV2 VPN on your iPhone. This is the VPN that works in all types of Mac Os.
- Make sure you also have the Apple Configurator installed. To prevent any possible errors, you need to turn the “Find my iPhone” feature off before turning the supervised mode on. Take note that this mode will require you to reset your iPhone, so make sure you have a backup for your data and files.
- Connect your iPhone to the Apple Configurator. Name the iPhone before switching the supervision option on. Click Organization Information and complete the required information. Once done, select prepare button. Next look for the Supervise Icon. Select the device and then click the plus button to make your profile.
- Select Configure in the list of VPN options. Choose IKEv2 as the connection type. Provide the necessary information required by the VPN.
- Once you have created your profile, you can now select “Apply”, which will then convert your iphone to Always-On VPN mode.
With the VPN always on, your iPhone will remain this way even when your screen is off. It may seem a tedious process but if you want to ensure that your device is secured when using public networks and your private information kept safe, then it’s worth the timeand effort.
User comments about iPhones and VPNs
VPN is great also for iPhone users like me
It’s no secret that VPN is great and I’m a huge fan of it myself. What you may not know is that there are more than three different kinds of VPN services out there on the Internet today. There are also some basic tips that will help you decide which one is best for you.
The most important thing to remember when you decide to use a VPN service is that if your computer is infected with any type of virus, this can stop your computer from working at all. That’s why you should always use a secure VPN service.
Buy a good VPN Service
The other thing to keep in mind when you want to use VPN is that when your iPhone is not connected to the Internet, it’s going to get very slow, or even crash completely. A lot of people are using this type of VPN when they are on the go.
This means that they are always connecting to a website or service somewhere. Since they are always connected to the Internet, they can’t access their files and everything they need while they are online. That’s why using a secure VPN service is a necessity when using your iPhone online.
For many people, VPN is great and I have been using it for a while now, but if you are someone who isn’t familiar with VPN, it can be easy to forget how to configure your computer properly. One thing you can do is visit the websites of the VPN companies and read up on their website so that you will have a better idea of what to do to get everything set up.
There are also many articles that have been written for those who aren’t quite as tech savvy as me, which will walk you through each step of the way and make things much easier. In the end, VPN is great for iPhone users like me.